What to expect before coming to practice
- Everyone must sign the updated NOVA Running Club participation waiver (available https://novarunningclub.com/participation-waiver/ ) before returning to practice. If you forget to do so, you must complete on your phone when you arrive at practice
- Masks or cloth face coverings are not required for individuals who have been fully vaccinated. In general, people are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
- For individuals who have not been fully vaccinated, masks or face coverings are strongly recommended while we are gathering at the start of practice and while entering and exiting the track. Masks are not required while running but you can wear one if you feel comfortable and it does not hinder your breathing while running.
- Members should self-monitor by self-taking of temperature to check for fever and watch for any symptoms, and not come to practice if they feel ill
During and after practice
- During the workout intervals, pace groups shall be no more than 10 total, and separate pace groups will be spaced at least 10 seconds apart when starting intervals.
- All attempts should be made to limit physical contact or close proximity to other persons, to allow for 6 feet of physical distance between all members during practice
- Practice will start promptly at 6:30 and end officially once the workout concludes. Members are encouraged to cooldown on their own and not linger after practice.
- Avoid personal contact such as handshakes, high fives, hugs, group selfies or close group photos
Communication Guidelines and Expectations
- If you feel ill, or believe you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the prior 14 days, don’t come to practice! Contact your primary care physician or go to an Urgent Care center. Please inform Phil, Jerry, or Erin of your possible exposure to COVID-19.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and have attended a club activity in the past 14 days, please inform Phil, Erin, or Jerry immediately. Do not return to practice until you have recovered from COVID-19 and received approval from your doctor.
- Club leaders will strictly maintain confidence of members who report exposure and/or test positive for COVID-19.
- If a NOVA member, coach, or guest is reported to have tested positive for COVID-19, all members will be informed (the individual will not be named) and the club will not meet for group activities for 14 days.
- Attendance will be taken at every practice (as always) to allow for contact tracing should a participant become ill
- If your contact information (phone, address, email, emergency contact) has changed since you last renewed your membership, please email Greg Swiatocha to update (firstname.lastname@example.org)